January 4, 2009

The planning begins...

So as I'm sitting here all stuffed up from this dreadful cold, thinking I should probably just go to bed but totally don't feel like it...I thought I'd start planning Mia's first birthday. Some will probably say I'm going a little overboard BUT this is what I've been waiting for. The party planning...the cake making...the family gatherings. I love it all...so call me crazy but I'm going all out!

I'm still trying to decide on a theme. I may just go for a 'pink and purple' theme. I'm thinking that will be the colors for her cake. Her cake will be 2 tiered. Maybe with polka dots... I'm still thinking on that one...I've found some pretty cute cakes.

I found some 'games' to play. Although I know we could all just sit around and watch Mia, I figured it would be fun to do a few things. The first is not much of a game but it's a 'time capsule'... I let everyone know that I'll be doing this and they bring things (if they wish) to put in the time capsule, I'll also have pieces of paper for them to leave a message and I think I'll give it to her on her 16th birthday. Wouldn't that be neat to get? I think so.

Another cute idea was to get some small frames and then take pictures of Mia with each guest and give the guest the framed picture as their 'party favor'... Love that idea. I might give that one a shot. We'll see. Anyways... yet again my obsessive list making, party planning mode has gone into full swing. I need to go work on the invites. I'm thinking I'm going to make a digi invite and then maybe include the details on a piece of CS on the back of the print out. We'll see. :)

YAY...let the planning begin!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's your daughter's first birthday. You can go as 'overboard' as you want! I think the time capsule thing is an awesome idea! Have fun planning!