November 24, 2008

Welcome to Mommyhood...

So I think Mia is really trying to break us in pretty good. What a weekend we had. So I'm pretty sure Mia's second upper tooth is coming in. That, or as I was reading last night, she may be going through a bit of separation anxiety. Last night she woke up 30 minutes after being put down, screaming so horridly that it scared us. So Paul went in to try and calm her down WITHOUT picking her up. She just started throwing herself against the crib. So he came back out, she got louder and scarier, so I went to check in, now she was standing up in her crib holding on to the rails. I thought, maybe she has a fever, maybe there's something wrong because she was NOT happy. I picked her up she settled down right away. Nope...she just wanted Mommy. BUT here's the thing. Paul and I were both really sick from what we think was the pizza we had last night. So I knew I wouldn't be able to stay in there and rock her to sleep. So Paul came in to hold her and Mia lost it, punching him and screaming and just going bonkers. Finally we agreed to just put her in her crib and let her deal...she would eventually go to sleep, which she did.

On another note...we tried baby proofing...removed a bunch of stuff from the living room. We're just realizing how fast Mia can really be. In a matter of seconds she's pulling herself up on furniture or has something in her mouth that she really probably shouldn't. I'm exhausted. It's fun...but really mentally exhausting, to have to keep tabs on a little person ALL the time. I'm trying to see if there's things around the city for us to do. Baby class has ended and I just think we need to get out and let Mia burn off some of that energy.

Anyways...I feel like I have a million things on the go this week. I'm off to make my to do list and then get started...Have a great week!

1 comment:

Queen Mel said...

Lists are a great idea...make lots.....tee hee

She was testing you ya know....she wants to make sure she is the ruler of the house, she needed to make sure you would come running when she wanted you to... they are so smart Kim.....

You did well though.....its hard but way to go!