January 14, 2009

I survived...

Today was my first morning back at work. Wow. I survived. In fact, I did better than survive...I actually enjoyed myself. It was super nice. It was great to see everyone, it was great to hear about my clients. It was nice to see the improvements and it was exciting to get back into the swing of things. Not to mention the ability to think only about me. Sure I thought about Mia, wondered how she was making out BUT I knew she was in GREAT hands. For the first time in months, I drank my coffee HOT...for the first time in months I went pee with a baby screaming because I had to put them in the playpen... for the first time in months I was concerned with me, and what I needed to get done, without any little person agreeing or disagreeing... I love Mia, I would love to stay home with Mia, but I will admit, it was nice. To get back in touch with Kim...not be Mommy for a while.

That said...I was so antsy the whole way home to get Mia. I hoped she had a good morning, I hoped she was a good girl...I hoped hoped hoped. So I get to Denise's, where my little girl is playing on the floor with the rest of the kids and doesn't even look up. I need to actually say, "Hi Mia" to get her attention. And then it happens, my heart melts because Mia looks at me, then a double take and then her eyes light up, her mouth opens, and she waves hello, over and over. Then yells MOM. She didn't forget who I was! She was happy to see me. She didn't think I dropped her off forever. She doesn't hate me! I hugged her, we put her coat on her and then she starts pushing me away. Well that lasted long! She was happy to see me, but wanted to stay and play with her new friends. That made me even happier. Of course she was a great girl for Denise...Even had a almost 2 hour nap. Ate all of her lunch...she's a champ!

So today was a great day. I've had a rollercoaster of emotions today and it's only 1:20... Wow. At least now I look forward to next Wednesday, for Mia to go play with her friends and so that I can get a bit of "me" back...

Hurray for today being a good day. I hope you have a good day too!

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

It is nice to be a grown up - and then even better to go home to your baby. Congrats on surviving the day!

Hollee said...

Way to go Kim :) It's always good to have grown up conversation and to remember that we're still human and not just "Mommies"!