January 3, 2009

Resolutions...

So... it's that time to set some goals for 2009... I feel like I'm constantly setting new goals. New years or not, I'm often saying ok...Today I start fresh...with whatever goals I may have. But, with the New Year it's always easier to start fresh, yet again, with a big long list of goals for this year...especially with all of the changes that occurred last year, I need to try and get some things strait.

1. Weight... This has been a struggle for me for a while now. But I'm determined to lose some weight. Ultimate goal... 75lbs...I'll be taking that one day at a time. There are a few obstacles I'll need to overcome but I'm pretty sure I can do it... this leads me to my second goal...

2. Exercise... I'm not much for exercise. I don't mind the occasional walk, I enjoy taebo and swimming...but I just don't have the discipline for regular scheduled exercise. Unless I have a goal. Mom is running the marathon at the Fredericton Marathon on Mother's Day...I decided that I would run the 10km...with a goal to finish the race (not to win). I have 4 months to get my body in shape and 'trained' for this. Thanks to a very generous offer, I may have a fascility to train at, so, here's hoping I get to accomplish this goal...

3. Scrapbooking... December is always such a whirlwind month...I never get anything done. I've got so many amazing pictures of Mia that I really need to get scrapping. I think I got a little overwhelmed given that I have 10 000+ pictures of her, but I've decided I will scrap events, and occassions and then every once in a while I can do a 'favorite'... I'm really excited about this. Especially since I've gotten the cricut and have yet to use it on a layout!!! That's my motivation to take all of my Christmas stuff down...once that's cleaned up I can scrap. As for specific goals... I'd like to get about 10 layouts a month...that might be a little much but we'll see. I'd also like to get a few more layouts published...but we shall see about that too, I haven't thought much about this goal.

4. Cakes... I really want to expand on this. I'm having a blast and have learnt so much. I'd love to continue making cakes and hopefully create myself a small business. Nothing much, but just something where people can give me a call if they want something special... :) I've already got a few cakes booked...so it'll just be a matter of putting myself out there. Hopefully this will be the year that Paul FINALLY finishes my website. :)

5. Baby #2... I think around June we might start trying again. Getting pregnant was such a struggle the first time around and I get REALLY nervous. I don't want to take anything away from Mia...she is my whole life right now...so this will be thought over in depth and fingers crossed we will be pregnant this time next year.

I also have a few personal resolutions that don't really deserve their own category...for example I want to work on my patience...mostly with Paul, he deserves it. I also want to work hard as I return to work and be proud of my accomplishments in my carreer. I also want to make a bigger effort with Molly and give her more attention, like she deserves. She's such a good dog and she so often goes unnoticed...

That's about it... may you be blessed with health and happiness in 2009!

No comments: