November 22, 2008

Christmas Ornament

Some of you may have seen this ornament featured on a few popular sites. I fell in love with it when I first saw it and thought I GOTTA make that... So here it is...

First you need 10 circles, any size, the bigger they are the easier they'll be to fold.

Then you'll need to measure a triangle to perfectly fit in the circle. The way I did that was find the center of the circle and drew a line. (so half and half) then from one of the points (ends) I measured out a triangle until all sides were the same size. I then cut the triangle out and used it as my template.

I traced the triangle on the inside of every circle. I then folded along the lines.

Then, using adhesive (I used a glue stick) I glued all the folds together. (5 and 5 - then glue the 'top' to the 'bottom')

I left one of the ends open so I could glue a piece of ribbon in, then I glued it together.

To add a special touch, I then used my glue gun to glue buttons at all of the joins. You could add some bling...sparkles...whatever...to 'touch it up'... and tada..a beautiful ornament.





** I did not 'invent' any of these ideas...most of them are inspired by projects I've seen various places online. I am simply sharing how I made my version of these projects.

No comments: