January 18, 2009

O. M. G. Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ok... so Paul was craving chocolate chip cookies last night. Like he wouldn't stop talking about them so finally I broke down and said I'd make some. Go figure, I had everything EXCEPT for baking soda. I was so bummed. Because there really is no substitute for baking soda. ANYWAYS... I came across this recipe that I made for a friend (It's one of those cookies in a jar recipes) and I realized I had all of the ingredients...I made a few changes, but OMG...so so yummy... Here's the recipe...

2 cups of Biscuit Mix (I used the instant mix from the bulkbarn) (recipe says buttermilk instant biscuit mix)
1 cup light brown sugar (recipe says 1/2 cup light, 1/2 cup dark)
1/2 cup melted butter
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips (recipe says 1/3 cup milk, 1/3 cup semi, 1/3 cup white)
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Stir until well mixed. Roll into 1 inch balls and place on cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes. The recipe says it yields 30 cookies, but at 1 inch balls I made 48... I guess mine were small 1 inch cookies. lol.

SO easy, and SO yummy.

Enjoy!

No comments: