November 29, 2008

W-E-E-K-E-N-D

It's 9pm on a Saturday night and I'm EXHAUSTED. Funny how I am more tired on the weekend but am supposed to have more help on the weekend too. I know it's because we cram so much in that it just poops us all out. For instance today... we woke up, did some cleaning, tried to put up our Christmas lights, but failed, went shopping for little hook thingys for our lights, came home put the lights up, fed the baby, went to the Santa Clause parade, decorated a cake and now here I am. Phew. Busy day. Lot's of fun though. I did get lot's of pictures though. So that's fun...

Here are a few from the Santa Clause Parade...





I wish I remembered what setting I had on the first picture. I LOVE it. It was a 'lucky' shot.

Here are some pics of the 'gateau' I did tonight. It's for my sister in law, it's her birthday this week. Her favorite colors are pink and brown.





I'd say I'm pleased with it. I sketched out quite a few ideas before I decided to go with this. I hit a few bumps in the road along the way, but it really is all about learning. Right?

Anyways... I'm off...time to sit back with a glass of eggnog and rum and flick, cause Saturday night TV SUCKS...but that's ok, because my brain has shut down for the day so paying attention to anything would be out of the question.

Hope you and yours have a fabu-lo-so weekend too.

2 comments:

Queen Mel said...

sounds like you had a fun-filled day......great shots, I want some cake now.....

Kim said...

There was lots leftover...I should have grabbed ya a piece. :)