February 2, 2009

Happy Birthday friends...

Yesterday was my friend Christine's birthday. Wish I could have baked her a cake. I wouldn't trust mailing a cake. She lives 6.5 hours away, so to deliver it myself would be a little silly. That said, I was thinking of her on her birthday.

Today, is my former coworker and dear friend Michele's birthday. I did bake her a cake. They usually get cakes for people's birthdays anyways... but I really wanted to bake one. It needed to feed the office and according to Sue (also former coworker) she likes pink. So I did the sides and embellies in pink buttercream, with a touch of purple. I'm proud of it... here it is:



I'm making cupcakes for tomorrow and then I've got 3 cakes for the end of the month. :) Yay.

Today is my last Monday on maternity leave... I'm off to enjoy it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cake Kim! Great job!