December 7, 2008

Caking it up...

So this week is going to be a busy one... at least in my kitchen it will be. I'm making two cakes for Friday. One is for Paul's office, they're having a Christmas pot luck... I was tossing and turning for 2 days over what I should make...rather, what type of CAKE I should make. :) It was either going to be an 8" circle ornament cake...an 8" circle wreath cake or a 9" square 'present' cake. The 9" square present cake won. It's actually going to be three tiered. All chocolate fudge. Mmmm. AND I'm taking this as a learning opportunity and am going to attempt to use fondant. :) I just finished making it (the fondant) it's now cooling in the fridge. After supper I'll attempt to 'dye' it... and we'll see what happens after that. I'm really excited though. I SO hope that it turns out. Practice makes perfect. And then later on this week I'm making a Hannah Montana cake for my friends daughter. That's another cake I've been all over the place with. I'm thinking it will be purple, with pink and blue accents. I will also be putting the 'logo' on the cake. Speaking of which...I need black food coloring. So busy busy. Hopefully I'll be back here in a few days boasting over my cake...if not...you know why. :) Happy Sunday!!!!!

No comments: