December 13, 2008

Oh what a night...

Please... sing along...but I'm going to change the lyrics a bit.. " Oh, what a night, mid December back in 2008..." In fact, I'm referring to last night. It was my office Christmas party, seeing that I'm on maternity leave I was really looking forward to it, so that I could see some friends I haven't seen in a while. It was a swanky party too, at a nice local hotel. So, around 3:30 I decide it's time to start getting ready, so that I could be there for 6 sharp. I hop in the shower, get all nice and clean, come out and put the cake I was to bake for today in the oven. Everything is perfect. Paul is off, so he's playing with Mia, I'm brushing my hair, cakes baking and KA BOOMY...no that wasn't an explosion, that was the my evening blowing up in my face. THe power went out. Ok, no biggie, it'll just be out for a few minute. A few minutes pass, so I start thinking it might be more than a flicker. The cake is in the oven... UGH. Wait a minute, how do I dry my hair? HOw do I iron my pants? How do I put on my makeup? How do I brush my teeth? (cause when we lose power we lose water too) Not to mention Paul...how does he carry on with a baby, no power, all by himself. So I grab a flashlight, find my new shirt and a pair of wrinkle free pants. Put those on. Find my hair clip, looks like my hair is going up in that. Gather up my make up and since Paul has to go out for supper I 'hitch' a ride with him to the party and on our way, do my make up. I brought my toothbrush and toothpaste with me so that I could do it there and that's that. Talk about improvisation. So, this morning I wake up bright and early to get the cake made and decorated and Paul is delivering it right now. Wow. What a night... so please, join me in singing... Oh what a night, mid December in 2008...

No comments: