September 30, 2008

My Journey...

So... I started running. Kind of. I'm on a weight loss journey and hope to be on it for the next 4 months. By that I mean...I'd like to think that in 4 months I can get to my goal. Whatever that is. I haven't quite decided yet. I realized I needed to get some exercise in there. I've been doing WW for 4 weeks now, I've lost right around 10lbs so it's going well. But now I need to step up my game. So I have. I started running. My first night out was last night, and I only ran for 3 minutes. I guess to me it was the idea that I did it. I went out and I started. I'm doing an 8 week program. Something I just found on the internet. The first week you do 3 reps of walk 6 mins, run 1 min and a 5 minute cool down, 3 times a week. Next week I'll walk 5 mins run 2 mins and so on. Until week 8 you're running like 30 mins straight. Fingers crossed. 8 weeks. Hmmm. That'll put me at the end of November. So maybe I didn't embark on this at the greatest time of the year...but still it's something I had to do. It fits into our schedule perfectly. Paul gives Mia her bottle for bed and I leave for my walk/run. I really hope this helps. I really hope I stick with it. A few times now Paul has said how proud he is of me. :) That makes me proud of myself. I think that's nature...you're proud of yourself if someone actually comments on your progress. It just keeps you that much stronger. Someone even asked if I had lost some weight over the weekend. So nice. I'm feeling good. I'm feeling more confident. Funny how when you really start taking care of yourself you feel good in your skin. I think it's because I've stopped lying to myself, saying I'm doing everything I can when I wasn't. I know now that I'm doing everything I can. I know I'm taking very good care of my body. I know I'm doing my best, so I can't be dissapointed in myself. I keep meaning to take a before picture. I should do that. Then I'd like to take a photo every 2-3 weeks, to see if I can see the difference. Hmmm I should do that. I better do that now...because I'm slowly fading away. lol. :) Cheers!

No comments: